Mary's Prints at Fine Art America

Mary's Prints and Originals

November 4, 2016

I'm Still Not Over Fall--Autumn Vignettes

Even though I'm having visions of homemade, warm gingerbread as this year's Christmas theme, I'm still not over fall.  I haven't thrown out any pumpkins yet.  I want fall to last as L-O-N-G as possible. My mums are in full bloom as they opened late this year.



Early this fall, my husband and I traveled down an unfamiliar country road and found pumpkins for $1 each, so we bought a few more then planned and lined them up along the flower bed.  They are still going strong.



At our house, we don't put any Christmas decorations out until after Thanksgiving.   While others are out shopping on Black Friday, I take a more leisurely path by staying home all day.  I enjoy a warm breakfast followed by tree trimming and decorating.  I like getting the most out of every season. While it is fall, I placed a few gourds into my leftover summer flowers to make a pumpkin patch. Maybe next year I will paint a sign to go with it.



Autumn is one of the busiest times for providing paintings for the gallery, as all the colors of the palette show up in my weekly paintings.  You can see that my decorating indoors has been...well... a little lackluster...
BEFORE


...So, this week I took a little break and put together a few fall vignettes.  I thought I should start with the kitchen window and try to improve the look with some items I have around the house.  I added some old books, one of my glitter paintings, an owl statue and dressed up a tired succulent plant with a new pot to bring more life into this vignette.  

AFTER




Here is another one of my glitter paintings that I did a while back.  I tucked it on a deep windowsill along with my handmade Bowlies, "Feline Fur-Bowlie" and "Jack-O-Bowlie".  They are both made from various sizes of wooden bowls that I glued together and painted.  




I also put a vignette together on my living room mantel featuring my little painting of my favorite barn--the Star Barn.  I have featured this barn in over 200 + of my paintings and painted items over the last 10 years.   I guess you can say I  R-E-A-L-L-Y   L-O-V-E that barn!  I never tire of painting it. Perhaps I will put a book together some day featuring my many paintings of it.



To finish off my fall vignettes, I made a little altered art piece.  It was a gift for my husband, featuring his favorite candy bar.  I painted a block of wood to look like the wrapper, added a cute little fellow, a hand-made sign and some spool wheels to finish it off.  He fits right in with the fall season.




Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed my fall touches.  Next time I will share my warm gingerbread theme for Christmas.  In the mean time, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: