Mary's Prints at Fine Art America

Mary's Prints and Originals

November 8, 2016

Easy Peasy Cornbread Topping

Today I'm sharing my cornbread topping.  It's easy peasy and makes corn bread even more yummy.

My mother always made this cornbread from the little box. Do you remember this growing up?  I buy it for my family now and make it in an 8x8 pan.  It's great for three reasons.  1.  It's easy to make--just a little milk and an egg  2.  It costs less than a buck, and  3.  I'll tell you at the end of my post.


Now for the topping.  I love cornbread, but I always thought that cornbread needed a little something extra.  So here is the recipe that will keep your family asking for more.


Cornbread Topping

Ingredients:

2 T Flour
3 T Cold butter (cut in small chunks)
3 T Brown Sugar (packed)
1/2 t Vietnamese Cinnamon (I get mine locally at S. Clyde Weaver)

Directions:

Prepare cornbread mix as directed on box and put in an 8x8 greased pan.  Pulse topping ingredients in a small food processor for a few seconds until it resembles coarse crumbs.  Sprinkle evenly over corn bread mixture.  Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.  Serve warm with your favorite meal.  We use a fork and eat it like cake.   To reheat, microwave each serving for a few seconds.

Now for the third reason that it's great.  You can make a cool Christmas craft with the box, but you will have to wait until next time to see what I did with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: