Mary's Prints at Fine Art America

Mary's Prints and Originals

August 24, 2016

A Quick Look At My Painting Process: From Sketch to Finished Painting

Over the last number of years we have traveled to the New England States on our summer vacations, so I decided to do some paintings with a New England feel.  You may even spot some actual buildings from this beautiful area of the Northeast United States that make their way into my paintings.

Here is a fun look at the process of one of these paintings that I recently finished and that is available at Dutchland Galleries.  The painting is titled:  Whale Watcher's Cove.


A fast sketch of my idea with plenty of notes.

Basecoating the main elements.

Adding more elements and putting in some details.

Shading and highlighting and adding some trees and bushes.

The Finished Painting 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: