Mary's Prints at Fine Art America

Mary's Prints and Originals

September 29, 2015

Wouldn't It Be Easier If We Could Just Text God? / A Few Fall Paintings

We all have those friends that we send random texts to.  We converse and then it trails off and then we pick up the conversation again on another day.  As I was texting a friend last night, it hit me that those random texts are very similar to my conversations with God.  I can be doing something and I am reminded to stop and pray for someone or something. Then, I go until God puts someone else on my mind or He wants me to slow down and spend time with Him.

I believe that God speaks to us when we read the Bible and we can speak to Him through prayer. When I face a difficult decision and don't know what to do I usually pray and then make the best choice I can.  To be honest, I wish that I could just text God and ask him, "What do you want me to do about this, or should I go this way or that way?"  Instead, I tend to worry about it and try to figure everything out on my own, when I should really go to Him first and give it over to Him.  What I really need to do is slow down and wait for God. The fact is, sometimes we don't have all the answers when we really want them RIGHT NOW!  I think He allows this so that we can learn to trust Him.

If we could text God about the things that are most concerning to us,  He would probably send these texts back to us, "I Love You," "I Want to Be Your Friend," "Slow Down," "I Have A Bigger Plan In Mind For This and For Your Life," "Give It To Me," "Trust Me," "Follow Me," "Just Live This Day," "I Will Provide," "I Will Protect You," "I Have Tomorrow in My Hands,"  "I've Got This!," "I Will Do What's Best."  If we spend time listening to Him every day, then I believe when crunch time comes, we will be ready to make good choices when the need arises and He will ultimately direct our steps.   Most importantly, Jesus wants to have a personal relationship with us.  One in which we can talk to Him and Him with us, just like texting between friends.

To learn more about having a relationship with God, check out the following link:

http://www.gotquestions.org/personal-relationship-with-God.html

I also wanted to share a few of my recent original fall paintings.  Although most of the originals are sold, you can still purchase prints of these at the fineartamerica link at the top of my blog.

Autumn Afternoon (original sold)

Roadside Stand (original sold)

Rising Moon (original sold)

Autumn Memories (original sold)

Country Cabin - Original available at Dutchlandgalleries.com

Autumn Garden (original sold)

\
(originals sold)

Apple Cider Mill (original sold)







2 comments:

  1. Yes, texting God and getting an answer would be wonderful!! I do it the old fashioned way, as you do, Mary, through prayer. I'm working my way through the bible, but some of it is so difficult for me.
    Your Fall paintings are wonderful...so full of charm, coziness and warmth. I admire your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kitty. I had a chance to make your apple cake. It was delicious!

      Delete

Comments: