Mary's Prints at Fine Art America

Mary's Prints and Originals

February 24, 2015

Sprucing Up Shelves for Spring

Did you ever notice how easy it is for shelves to attract clutter? Today I had a few minutes to do a little spring cleaning and tackle my living room bookshelves.  Every once in a while it's good to stand back and see your room with "new eyes".  You would be amazed what you discover!

Although they look somewhat orderly, there is not a common thread between the objects on my shelves.  They look like a mishmash of collectibles.  I thought it would be good to cut back on all the different collections and bring in some unity.

Before
A hodgepodge of collections.


After
I made baskets my main focus on these bookshelves.  




Before
Here is another shelf that has become a mishmash assortment and a little messy too.


After
I made my chair collection my main focus and added a few baskets to tie in with my other shelf.



I've also added a nest for a touch of spring.  I feel better already!

When you unify your collections, they make a greater impact. 

 What collections do you have?  How do you display them?  I'd love to hear from you.

For more interesting shelf ideas, check out my Pinterest Board here:




I'm sharing this post with:  http://www.stonegableblog.com/the-scoop-159/





4 comments:

  1. I love your chair collection Mary - so adorable. The change in how you've styled them on the shelves really makes them stand out. I'm visiting from The Scoop Party.
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I with I could walk through your home sometime! I look at your "new" shelves and wonder why I couldn't come up with something like that. Just not my gift, though. I always enjoy the pictures you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole. I love to decorate, but it's a lot of trial and error and moving things around until it feels right. I get a lot of inspiration and help from all the wonderful decorating blogs out there. They are a great resource as well as Pinterest.

      Delete

Comments: