Mary's Prints at Fine Art America

Mary's Prints and Originals

January 23, 2015

Half Dinner



One day as I was staring into the pantry, wondering what I was going to make for supper, I came across a half bag of egg noodles.  This happens a lot in my house, having a small family.  There’s always half of this and half of that leftover. Do you experience that?

 So I grabbed the noodles, then headed to the frig and found a half jar of spaghetti sauce, a half container of cottage cheese, a half can of cream of mushroom soup, a half carton of cream, and a half block of cheese.  Get my drift?  You don’t know the half of it!  (I just had to add that--LOL!)

I was trying to work up some magic with all this half stuff and immediately thought that it looked half like lasagna.  So, this is how I put it together.

Half Lasagna

Ingredients
Half bag wide egg noodles (at least 6 oz. or a little more)
1 lb. ground turkey
Half can cream of mushroom soup (cream of celery works good too)
Half cup cream
Half large container of cottage cheese (about 16 oz.)
Half jar spaghetti sauce
Grated cheese (I’ve already tried mozzarella, havarti, american - use whatever you like or have on hand that melts well)
Garlic Salt
Salt
Pepper
Onion Powder
Italian Seasoning

Cook noodles according to package directions. (I use a large frying pan to cook the noodles so I only have half the dishes to clean.)  Drain and place noodles in a long greased casserole dish (9x12, 10x13, whatever?) Mix together the half can soup, half cup of cream and half container cottage cheese and stir into the noodles. (Don’t drown the noodles with this sauce,  just stir in enough to wet the noodles to a light creamy consistency.)  Top the noodles with a good handful of grated cheese. Cook 1 lb. ground turkey in the same frying pan.  Add a few shakes of each of the spices to the meat.  (I don’t measure them.  Why make more dishes.)  When the turkey is no longer pink, place it on top of the noodles.  Spread half jar spaghetti sauce evenly over the meat.  Sprinkle with another good handful of grated cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for half an hour.  Serves 4-6.

Serve with a side salad and your favorite bread.  

So, how did everyone like it?  After my family ate this, they went back for another half serving. So, I know they liked it!  My teenager told me it was blog worthy.  I hope you enjoy this at least “half” as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: