Mary's Prints at Fine Art America

Mary's Prints and Originals

August 25, 2009

August 25, 2009

Today is back to school time at our house, so naturally I start thinking about fall. I have two new paintings with that in mind. This first painting, titled, Autumn Luminary Tree, is based on the 16th-century Swiss-German folkart, Scherenschnitte, but unlike the paper cutting, I painted a mirror image on a wood panel which takes quite a bit of time developing the design and then painting it to look like aged paper. The second painting features my popular landscape paintings with the red star barn, titled: Autumn Moon. I will be showing these works along with several others at D & J Scott Galleries in Lancaster, PA on First Friday in November and then will do another showing on Black Friday in Central Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: